- What is a stereotype?
The irrational unfounded feeling toward a particular group based on their differences.
- What is prejudice?
When a person attributes their group assessment to an individual in that group.
- What is unconscious bias?
Deeply seated stereotypes and prejudices that can be displayed through words or actions.
- How do micro-aggressions work?
It is actions or words that have a negative impression on the target, i.e. I’m a Black female and a White person tells me I “don’t sound black.”
- What goes into active listening?
Repeating, paraphrasing, head nods, leaning in, and much more during a conversation.
- When someone is offended by what you say how do you fix it?
Acknowledge the offense, apologize, and ask the person why they were offended so you learn.
- What is the difference between race and ethnicity?
Race refers to color. Ethnicity is cultural background and defines who you are.